BD Profile with Back-up is a single-acting, non-symmetrical profile rod seal for hydraulics. The o-ring energizer functions as a spring to maintain sealing contact under low pressure or vacuum applications. The knife trimmed, beveled lip does an excellent job wiping fluid film. Its rectangular shaped cross section ensures stability in the gland. A stabilizing lip is located below the primary sealing lip, just above the base of the seal, to provide enhanced sealing performance and ensure a tight, stable fit in the gland. The heel design incorporates a positively actuated back-up ring for anti-extrusion and extended high pressure sealing capability.
The BD Profile provides
• Long life
• Extrusion resistance
• Low compression set
• Shock load resistance, and
• Excellent sealing performance at zero pressure
The BD Profile With Back-up is designed to be used as a stand alone rod seal or for use with the BR or OD Profile rod buffer seal for more critical sealing applications.
Enhanced extrusion resistance: For enhanced extrusion protection, the BD Profile With Back-up is designed with a positively actuated back-up ring located in the heel.
Standard Materials (Shell or Seal Body):
• P4300A90 Resilon® polyurethane; Temp -65 / +275F; Pressure* 10,000 psi; Surface speed <1.6 ft/s
• P4700A90 Polyurethane; Temp -65 / +200F; Pressure* 10,000 psi; Surface speed <1.6 ft/s
• P5065A88 Low temperature urethane; Temp -70 / +200F; Pressure* 10,000 psi; Surface speed < 1.6 ft/s
*Pressure range shown is for systems without wear rings. If used with wear rings, consult Engineering Section (Section2) of Parker’s Fluid Power Seal Design Guide, Catalog EPS5370.
Energizer Spring Materials:
Standard spring energizer is a common 70A nitrile o-ring. Additional energizer elements available, including low-temperature nitrile and canted-coil spring.
Back-up Ring: The positively actuated back-up ring located in the heel is made of Parker compound W4655, Nylon 6,6 with MoS2.
• W4655; Temp -65 / +250; Pressure 10,000 psi; Surface speed <1.6 ft/s
Alternate Materials: For applications that may require an alternate material, please contact your Parker EPS representative.
• Dynamic sealing of hydraulic cylinders and equipment components, including: Actuators, pumps, and valves